2021-23-5 2021 Close-up Photographer of the Year
2021 Close-up Photographer of the Year
© Minghui Yuan, Blue Eyes Green Eyes
2020 CUPOTY Finalist
The search is on to find the next winner of Close-up Photographer of the Year, in association with Affinity Photo. Photographers have until 23 May 2021 to enter the competition and be in with a chance of winning a cash prize of £2,500.
Close-up Photographer of the Year
(CUPOTY) is an annual competition showcasing the best close-up, macro and micro photography from around the world.
The competition is open to all, using any type of camera, including a mobile phone, or microscope. To find out more visit our News story and visit the competition website, www.cupoty.com.
This competition meets all the standards set out in
the Artists Bill of Rights
Competitions which meet all the standards set out in the Artists Bill of Rights do not do any of the following -
- claim copyright
- claim exclusive use
- seek waiving of moral rights
- fail to give a credit for all free usage
- add, alter, or remove metadata from submissions
- seek usage rights other than for promoting the contest and no other purpose. Note that a book, posters, cards, or a calendar are seen as legitimate ways of promoting the contest and defraying costs
- seek free usage rights in excess of 3 years
- use the submissions commercially without the entrant's agreement, and such commercial usage is to be subject to a freely negotiated license independently of the competition.
- make it a condition of winning that an entrant must sign a commercial usage agreement
- fail to publish all documents on the competition website that an entrant may have to sign
- fail to name the judges for this or last year's competition
- fail to explicitly state all the organisations who will acquire rights to the submissions
- set a closing date more than 18 months after the contest launch date
- fail to make clear statements of rights claimed and how submissions are used.
Support competitions that support the principles of the Artists' Bill of Rights!
© Artists Bill of Rights
The above text may be reproduced providing a link is given to the Artists Bill of Rights.
Organisations who would like to be promoted as a Bill of Rights Supporter and have their competitions promoted on the Rights On List can use this contact form. One of the campaign team will get in touch with you.
Pro-Imaging.org founded the Artists' Bill of Rights in 2007
Pro-Imaging is a worldwide support group for professional photographers
who are pro-active in defending photographers rights.